Tuesday, March 07, 2006


dreamlines

I sure most people have seen this already being that its quite popular, but I thought Id put it here for my own reference.

I like it... its creates quite beautiful images based on whatever you want.

I enjoy work like this because it raises questions about art/computers/generation/interaction and the like. Even more so than my work it makes people say things like - "its nice... its not art though is it."
Who knows, Im certainly not into labeling anything, according to the text its a "generative drawing machine" so lets leave it at that.

I could probably (and so could everyone else) talk about what I would class as art untill the cows come home. But im not going to.
I like this work very much, and thats the end of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Thanks... I assume your talking about the portraits and UnrealArt and so on. Just to be clear though dreamlines isnt anything I did. A guy called Leonardo Solaas did it.

Anyhoo, I think you should definately mess about with your game and see what you can make of it!

Im thinking of messing with simualtions next as opposed to games... as I think theres more scope for massive wads of data... and perhaps more intelligent AI. Who knows.

Good luck

10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home