Friday, July 08, 2005

well, interesting discoveries today.

Firstly I thought the bots would have quite a bit of random behaviour built-in. Apparently theyre not as random as I thought.

Secondly I believed that different bots would act differently, perhaps one would have a tendancy to always go left... etc.
Aparently not.

Finally I thought that if the player start pointed in a certain direction then the bots would tend to go that way, over other ways.


I created a map which would give the bots choises of which way to go. These pictures were drawn by the bots each bot played for 10 min by themselves.

riker-


hyena-


dominator-


all of them overlayed onto the map and path options. The red dot indicates the direction the player start was pointing-


So what does this mean? right now I have no idea.
they prefer making left turns?
when theres no-one to kill they doont go backwards or right?

oh by the way incase your wondering at the end of the paths I placed a lava volume so that they would die and spaw again in the middle.

One theory I had was that they move towards action, so when they can see themselves floating into the air after death (right after they re-spawn) they run towards it thinking theres people to kill in that direction.

Though that still dosnt really explain why they all went the same direction initially.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home