Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Talk about lego taking over your life! Its taken me 2 full days to do my stupid lego car and I think the render is going to take that long too. I'm really interested in the comments about Rachel Whiteread people have been leaving (thanks). Shes done essentially what I was thinking about, taking these 'negative' space casts, creating hidden forms.

I remember in art foundation one of the things we were told to do was to draw the outline of a Mc'Donalds plastic cup with a twig popping out the top of it (bear with me), but we were told to look at the space around the object and draw that instead of the cup itself. Before Rob mentioned Rachael I had a thought about interior spaces, rooms, full of junk and what it would look like to see like a solid version of the room taken from its negative space.

I suppose in a way Rob and I are doing a similar kind of thing, recording a kind of data and representing it in an abstract but understandable way. Anyhoo, loads to think about, Im really liking this project at the mo (despite the fact ceramics have nothing to do with it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home